WHY DO WE GET WRINKLES?
Wrinkles are an inevitable part of life and will affect all of us eventually. As we age, our skin undergoes changes. Not only does it become thinner and drier, but it is also no longer able to protect itself from damage from free radicals as well as it once could. These factors lead to a loss of elasticity and cause wrinkles and fine lines to appear.
Your genetic make-up has a big influence over when you’ll start to develop wrinkles and how severe they will be. In addition, your level of exposure to UVA rays has a huge impact on skin aging as well.
EFFECTIVE LIFESTYLE TIPS FOR PREVENTING WRINKLES
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking a lot of water.
- Eat a healthy diet with fresh fruit, veg, and omega-3 fatty acids to give the skin cells what they need to regenerate.
- Sleep on your back to prevent any tugging on the skin during the night.
- Avoid touching your face unnecessarily.
- Don’t smoke and avoid excessive amounts of alcohol, caffeinated and dehydrating drinks and overly salty meals.
PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE
Although wrinkles will catch up with us all at some point, your lifestyle and skin care routine will have a big impact on how quickly you start to notice fine lines. With a healthier lifestyle and regular use of a good wrinkle cream, you can stay looking youthful for longer.